Mar 1, 2010

Lipo, nose jobs for brides and grooms

plastic-surgery-0902-01

Image by madelineyoki via Flickr

"I am going to get married soon. At least on my wedding day, I want to look good. So, I have opted for the laser rejuvenation treatment," said Abhay Wahane, client at a skin clinic.
Abhay Wahane is getting married this summer and high on the shopping list is an elaborate beauty treatment.
All this spots would go. The dark circles would disappear.
"It is a costly affair, but if at the end of it I look good, I am worth it. Says Abhay Wahane who is an engineer.
At the clinic NDTV met 45-year-old Anupriya.
She is undergoing a liposuction treatment to remove tummy fat in preparation for her daughter's wedding.
"I want to wear a chania-choli. These days the draping styles are different. It's important to have a flat tummy. People invest in jewellery. But spending on yourself is more important. I see it that way," said Anupriya, housewife, client at a skin clinic.
Sonia Mehra is here to get dark patches removed from her body.
"I am getting married and wish to wear sleeveless clothes," said Sonia Mehra, Call Centre Employee, client at a skin clinic.
"I was exercising a lot and was not able to lose the fat from my tummy. I want to be in perfect shape on my wedding day," said Priyanka, student, client at a skin clinic.
Gone are the days when you used grandma's remedies of turmeric and rosewater for that wedding glow. Now you have a whole range of treatments to choose from.
Among the most popular are the treatments, not easy on the pocket, but almost a part of every wedding list these days.
TREATMENT COST

Liposuction                       Rs. 1.5 lakh+
Nose Job                           Rs. 1 lakh+
Breast Augmentation        Rs. 1 lakh+
Breast Reduction               Rs. 50,000+
Laser Rejuvenation           Rs. 5000+
"Parents think they can give one piece of jewellery less to their daughter and instead give them money for this surgery because they will feel good," said Dr Purnima Mhatra, cosmetic surgeon.
Yet another business basking in the glow of the Great Indian Wedding Bazaar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow

followme twitter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP